Ask and ye shall receive.
Doesn’t it feel like the older you get, the less exciting your wants become? I remember being eight years old and wishing for a Meygan Bratz doll harder than anything. She came with a furry vest and a corduroy beret. Now, all I think I want is new underpants.
But apparently my readers need me.
And as I am still a girl with a passion 4 fashion (second Bratz reference!) I have no problem doing the necessary shopping and listing to inspire your gifting needs, whatever they may be.
I’m going to write about the things I want. If you’re doing some shopping for friends/family I imagine these would make good presents for:
A. Extroverted introverts who would rather stay in and be cozy with dinner, a glass of wine and a bubble bath
B. Cool grandmas/ aging aunts/ exhausted 28 year olds
C. Someone exactly like me (See A and B)
In college, my best friend Andrew and I were obsessed with this Bobbi Brown scent called “Bath.” The scent truly captured the essence of having just stepped out of a warm, milky bubble bath. Brown retired the scent a number of years ago and I’ve been looking for a dupe ever since. Somehow, this is it? The scent description is all wrong in my opinion. Whoever did the copywriting for Ellis Brooklyn seems to think it smells like tropical vacation. I firmly disagree. Anyway, it’s on sale right now at Sephora.
Are you a person with a period? Do you hate sleeping with something all up in you? You need to get a pair of Thinx. My favorite is the cotton boyshort (mom if you are reading this I am a size M) but these period absorbing panties come in a variety of styles. They are comfortable, won’t let you down leak-wise and don’t look too crazy bulky under jeans/leggings/etc. I currently own three pair but the tops have all started to fray and I need to replace them ASAP.
I love the color, the length and the oversized fit of this Madewell flannel. As a longtime fan of the brand (and former employee), I can attest that their flannels are always soft, cozy and flatter a variety of body types. They tend to run big so I would size down. For instance, I’m a size small in their flannels (if you are a person reading this who wants to buy this for me).
More clothing wants/recommendations
- I want everything from Favorite Daughter, namely these jeans. However, they’re currently out of stock. Keeping my eye on these for when they refresh.
- Every year I want this Everlane sweater, every year it is sold out in a size XS before I can order it. LOVE the colors pepper and persimmon. Pro tip: they run HUGE. Hence why I order an XS.
- Who doesn’t love an Ugg? I own three pair and the Fluff Yeah are my favorite.
- Have been obsessed with this FP Movement jacket ever since I laid eyes on it. No idea why I am so dedicated to looking like a traffic cone.
This queer, women-owned brand makes cruelty-free candles inspired by women in pop culture and history. I have my eye on the 70’s icons trio (especially the Cher). They also have coven, punks, starlets and First Wives-inspired candles. Use this link and you’ll get $10 off your order.
- I’ve heard nothing but good things about the brand Borough Home. This citrine collection looks amazing.
- My friend TC got me a “This smells like Harry Styles” candle from Cool Girl Candles. They have a lot of other candles that smell like celebs that would make a great gift for someone you luv who luvs…Timothee Chalamet? Jack Harlow? Idk they have a lot of people.
Are you my boyfriend? Are you reading this post? I want this peridot necklace. Thanks for stopping by! No but really, I enjoy this jewelry brand. They look like what I thought grown up jewelry looked like when I was a kid. Big sparkly gems on thin gorgeous chains. They ship from Australia so if
your name is Dan thinking of getting this, I’d order it soon.
Other cool jewelry I have my eye on/recommend:
- LillieShop: I love all of their charm necklaces. Esp this mushroom one!
- These are my favorite hoops ever. I wear them all the time.
- These $13 hoops from Amazon look expensive and again…I wear them all the time.
Normally I fall asleep in a big t-shirt covered in a variety of permanent stains. But I’ve decided that because I’m approaching 30, it’s time for me to own some nice pajamas. Why do nice pajamas cost so much money??? I love these silk ones from Summersalt and these from Nap. I guess I’ll keep looking for dupes. However, if you have $$$ to spend on the sleepyhead in your life…. I imagine these would be great options.
These cookie sheets are kind of a Great Jones Holy Sheet dupe, don’t you think? Plus, they’re half the price.
More kitchen wants and recs:
- I freakin love my fondue pot and whoever you get one for will too.
- I actually really want a food processor.
- A very practical gift.
Because I’m tired of having to search the internet for various recipes from this book and I might as well own it anyway.
More cookbooks I want:
- Simply Julia: 110 Easy Recipes for Healthy Comfort Food
- Cook this Book
- That Sounds So Good: 100 Real-Life Recipes for Every Day of the Week: A Cookbook
- The Weekday Vegetarians: 100 Recipes and a Real-Life Plan for Eating Less Meat: A Cookbook
Do you love Dakota Johnson? I love Dakota Johnson. She’s an investor and co-creative director for this sexual wellness and body brand. Also, this really cool girl that I follow on Instagram is their EIC. Anyway, this trio of bath items is scented with warming notes of amber, cedar leaf, lemongrass, tonka bean and medjool date. Doesn’t that sound delicious to soak in?
More relaxing essentials that I want or you need to know about: